- Thee ART of LIVING – soil for your mind, body, and soul – Yoga with Rachel! The day program enjoys bi-weekly 1-hour yoga sessions. The night program enjoys one night a month 1-hour yoga sessions. Rachel leads the clients through yoga, energy healing, breathwork, mindfulness, and guided meditations. Clients are given the space to try new mindfulness techniques and ask questions.
- Self-help speakers – Social Recovery welcomes members of self-help community groups to come and speak with the clients. The clients have an opportunity to ask the speakers questions about the self-help group, and learn more about how to get involved in them. The speakers are able to share their experiences with the clients.
- Smoking cessation class Social Recovery welcomes New Jersey Prevention Network (NJPN) and Tobacco Free for a Healthy NJ. To educate clients on tools to help quit smoking, and different resources in the community.
- Prevention Links: Rise Up Recovery Center – Kenneth Bae, the Senior Peer Services Coordinator, along with other staff from prevention links, come to present monthly about various topics such as healthy relationships and other important aspects to the client’s recovery. He also provides resources and discusses what prevention links offer, such as case management and peer support groups weekly.
- Rutgers – New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station- a cooperative extension– Starting in September 2022 Social Recovery is happy to welcome Rutgers to educate our clients about nutrition and nutritional resources available in the county. The program consists of eight classes individuals who complete the eight classes, will be given a certification of completion.
- KOMITOMS -Keep On Moving Interactive and Therapeutically Oriented Music Sevices – Social Recovery Center is glad to be able to partner with KOMITOMS to bring in music to our program! KOMITOMS provides a safe space for clients to express themselves through music; sing-alongs, dance-along, drum-along, chair exercises, tone bar activities, rhythmic games, and poetry reminisce experiences. This interactive, dynamic, and therapeutically-oriented music program incorporates a multi-sensory musical approach to wellness, supporting the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive needs of older adults.
|10AM||10AM – 1PMGroup Session||10AM – 1PMGroup Session1-Hour Music Expression Classes Bi-Weekly||10AM – 1PMGroup Session||10AM – 1PMGroup Session1 Hour Yoga Classes Bi-Weekly|
|6PM||6PM – 9PMGroup Session||6PM – 9PMGroup Session||6PM – 9PMGroup Session|